Design a logo and website homepage competition for the RELIEF Centre - £500 prize for the winner
The UCL Institute for Global Prosperity is launching a competition for the design of a logo and website homepage for its new ESRC-funded, “RELIEF” (Refugees, Education, Learning, Information Technology and Entrepreneurship).
The RELIEF Artwork Competition invites young emerging designers, under 30 years old, from the Middle East region who live in Lebanon to submit either a logo, or the design of a website homepage, or both, for the use on the RELIEF project communications.
The successful design will be featured on the website hosted by UCL (University College London). A cash prize of £500 will be awarded to the winner of each competition strand.
The aim of the RELIEF Centre is to improve prosperity, quality of life, public services and education for refugees and host communities in Lebanon. The emphasis is on working together and finding better ways of responding to the refugee crisis by coordinating a programme of research and education in Lebanon.
- Take a look at the website (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/igp/) for more information on the work of the Institute for Global Prosperity and the RELIEF Centre.
- Create a visual identity that expresses a sense of the RELIEF project’s vision, the rest is up to you.
- The logo must be suitable for both website use and social media, (Twitter and Facebook pages). For example, if your design is rectangular, we also need a square version for use on social media.
- The artwork cannot display anything that would not be suitable for people of all ages.
- 14 July 2017: Entries open
- 18 August 2017: Deadline for entries 12 noon
- 25 August 2017: Jury select shortlist
- 1 September 2017: Winning artist selected and notified
- 15 September 2017: Official launch of website
- Living in Lebanon
- Under 30 years old
- £500 honorarium for each competition strand.
- The artwork (for both logo and homepage) will feature on a UCL hosted website with global visibility.
- The logo will be featured in all the project specific communications and publications.
- The winning artist/artists will be invited to the launch of the project, which will take place during October 2017 in Beirut.
- The competition and all selected artworks will be posted on the RELIEF and IGP Facebook pages, and Twitter account. Our communication team will develop a social media strategy and ensure high visibility and impact of the project.
Terms & Conditions
- The artist will not have copyright of the image and will not be able to use it for their own means.
- The Institute for Global Prosperity reserves the right to refuse inclusion in the competition and subsequent publication of artwork if it is unsuitable or does not fit the brief.
Please submit your logo artwork as a high-res image (e.g. JPEG, TIFF, PNG files), and/or your website homepage design in Squarespace format, to email@example.com. The deadline is Wednesday 18 August 2017. Please contact us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any queries about the competition.